British Free Range Egg Producers Association (BFREPA)
We take your privacy extremely seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
- • the personal information we collect about you, our members
- • what we do with your information, and
- • who your information may be shared with
Who we are?
The British Free Range Egg Producers Association ('we' or 'us') is a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information). BFREPA’s registration reference is Z3229978.
Information we collect & why we collect it?
a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect basic personal information about you, which does not include any special types of information. You provide us with this information in order that we can provide you with the services and benefits of being a member of our Association:
Information we hold includes: Name, company name, address, email address, mobile telephone number, landline telephone number, number of free range layers on your farm & egg packer supplied.
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When applying for membership of the British Free Range Egg Producers Association or when correcting contact information on annual subscription renewal invoices.
We will never sell personal data to third parties, nor pass your information to others accept to those that need it to provide you with the services of BFREPA.
b) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our websites. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects ('flash cookies') and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users' actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on our websites at www.bfrepa.co.uk, www.theranger.co.uk and www.lovefreerangeeggs.co.uk
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
How we use the information we collect?
We collect information about you, our members so that we can provide you with our services and to communicate with you about other products, events or services that we think may be of interest to you.
Who your information may be shared with?
We may share your information with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Services providers to ensure you receive all the benefits of membership offered by the British Free Range Egg Producers Association, for example the Royal Mail service ‘Mailsort’ is used to send you the Ranger magazine in the post and we use ‘MailChimp’ to email the CEO Newsletter.
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- Access to the BFREPA member database is controlled by a unique username and password and stored on a secure server. Only staff members who necessarily need access to member contact information can do so. Where we use other individuals/organisations to provide services to you and this requires them to have access to your data, we ensure that appropriate contractual terms are in place to control what they can do with your data and that they protect your data to the same standards as we do.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, some of this information may be located on servers within the European Union. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the websites www.bfrepa.co.uk, www.theranger.co.uk or www.lovefreerangeeggs.co.uk you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If you have any concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- • email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- • let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- • let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can ask us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold. If you would like to do this, please:
- contact us using the contact details below
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name, email address, invoice number, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
BFREPA has commissioned the construction of a new website and database that will soon become operational that will enable all BFREPA members to update their own contact information using secure access passwords. We will let you know when this facility becomes available.
Right to change, delete or add services provided by BFREPA
You can decide not to receive any of the services offered by BFREPA. These services currently include the Ranger magazine, E-Newsletters, the Text news service, email messages from membership services, access to the Members Area of the BFREPA website, occasional surveys through Survey Monkey. Please use the contact details outlined below to inform us of any changes you wish to make.
Right to complain
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal data, please contact us or, if you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
From time to time we may wish to contact you with details of offers, events and services which we think will be of interest to you, unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages. We will never share your data for marketing purposes with any third parties.
Retention of your personal data
If your membership of BFREPA ceases for whatever reason, your contact information will be deleted from our central database and removed from all other BFREPA communication services sites. We are however required under UK tax law to keep basic personal data for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
telephone: 01285 869913
Post: PO Box 3425
Document updated May 2018